Volunteer Treasurer job description
Job Title: Volunteer Treasurer Role
Salary: voluntary role
Responsible to: SportCheer England (SCE) board
Start date: Late June/early July 2019
Term length: 2 years
The volunteer Treasurer will be a member of the SCE NGB Board. The post will: Oversee the financial affairs of SCE, Monitor and report to the Board on the financial health of the organisation, oversee the production of our annual budget, financial reports and prepare accounts for any required auditing.
- Liaise with SCE board to ensure proper records are kept; implementing/maintaining effective financial procedures and ensuring the organisation follows relevant accounting practices.
- Report on the organisation’s financial position at Board meetings – advising fellow Board members on financial matters and taking a lead in presenting financial data to them in an efficient and understandable format.
- Oversee the production of an annual budget.
- Appraise and guide on the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Attend the accounting review meetings.
- Produce quarterly management reports for the Board.
- Oversees production of the Annual Report, including: – Preparation/review of summaries and any analyses needed
- Assist the Directors in the joint production of the report for the Annual Report.
- Prepare reports and communications for the SCE as appropriate.
- Any other reasonable management request.
We are looking for a qualified or part qualified accountant with commercial experience with:
- Knowledge and experience (or willingness to learn) of current practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management.
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- An ability to put aside personal affiliations and opinion, in order to work with others to meet the aims and objectives of SportCheer England.
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of successfully meeting targets.
- The ability to deliver successfully and calmly in high pressure environments.
- Be a team player with the ability to work from own initiative.
This job description is not intended to be regarded as inclusive or exhaustive and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
Eligibility – Any individual, who is eighteen (18) years of age or older, who is a resident of England as defined in the Income Tax Act, who has the power under law to contract, who has not been declared incapable by a court in England, in any constituent country of the United Kingdom or in another country, and who does not have the status of bankrupt, may be nominated for election or appointment as a Director. Regional Directors must reside in the region to which they are elected.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
(Application Deadline: 24th May 2019)
Shortlisting will take place at each stage of the recruitment process.
Interviews will take place in late May to early June.